Brush Cutters and Strimmers
This course is composed of a one or two day practical session (depending on experience) for those involved in the day-to-day maintenance and use of Brush Cutters/Strimmers. At the end of the course trainees will be able to understand their responsibilities, both to themselves and to others, under the Health and Safety at Work Act, as well as being able to use and maintain a Brush Cutter/Strimmer efficiently and safely.
Instructor: Denis Cartmel & Tony Judge
Cost: £145 + VAT including Lantra certification for one day course. A 2 day course may be required. Please contact us for dates and prices.
NPTC Assessment: £125 including registration.
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, or Clients premisis
Duration: 1 or 2 days
Leads to: Lantra or NPTC Assessment
The course will cover the following:
- Selection and Use of Safety Clothing
- Health & Safety/Legal Requirements
- Parts and Types of Machine and their Selection
- Maintenance of Attachments
- Harness Fitment
- Operational Techniques
- Brushcutter/strimmer (one per person if possible)
- Tools suitable for machine to be used
- Nylon head (strimmer head)
- Brushcutter blade (metal)
- Fuel – 2 stroke
- Angle box grease
- First Aid Kit
- Safety visor (plastic) or safety goggles/spectacles
- Ear defenders
- Safety boots
- Work clothing
Date of next course:
Other dates abailable on application.
Next Steps: Lantra can lead to N.P.T.C.
To book your place on a course, or for more information, simply contact
Back to Landbased Courses