CAT & Genny
This one day training course is designed for any person working on the roads, setting out before a build, surveying or any person excavating an area where pipes or cables may be buried underground.
Course prerequisite: None
Certificating Body: NPORS
Course Length: 1 day
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.00pm or to suit client.
Cost: £100 + Certification Cost . In house prices available at clients own site.
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client
Maximum Trainees: 6
At the end of the course trainees will understand:-
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 – Sections 2, 7 & 8.
- The Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Function and Operation of all Controls.
- Correct Search Procedures.
- Insert Battery Pack, Switch on, Test Location Tool & Generator, Inspect for Damage/Serviceability
- Demonstrated correct way to hold locating tool/generator.
- Swept area for underground apparatus & recorded any findings.
- Demonstrated Pinpointing and Tracing in ‘P’ Mode.
- Demonstrated Pinpointing and Tracing in ‘R’ Mode.
- Demonstrated Induction using Generator.
- Demonstrated Direct Connection
- Inspect all equipment used for Defects, Clean Equipment, Stow Equipment Away Correctly, and Remove Battery Pack.
Back to Landbased Courses