To Vale Training Services Ltd
Counterbalance Forklift - Experienced
This course is for you if you need to become proficient in safely operating a counterbalance lift truck. As you'll appreciate, this course contains some practical activity that will require a minimum level of fitness. If you have any concerns, please speak to the Provider. The course is integrated with training and assessment.
Pre Course Requirements:- 3 Years experience and or previous certification, but delegates must be 16 or over.
Course Certification:- Lantra or NPORS
Course Length:- One day
Course Times:- 9.30AM to 4.30PM
Cost:- These courses are carried out as in house courses, contact us for pricing.
Venue:- These courses are carried out at the customers own site to suit the client.
Maximum number of delegates:- 3
At the end of this course, you will be able to:-
- Prepare the various lift trucks for driving or manoeuvring by: Having site safety awareness, Identifying basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identifying and complying with the manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM) and other information sources, such as rating plates and applicable regulations
- Carrying out all pre-use and running checks Configuring the lift truck for travel
- Placing the lift truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Operate, move or manoeuvre the lift trucks: Both with and without a load. In confined areas using forward and reverse direction, with and without a load.
- Select, transfer and position loads using a lift truck by: Setting up the lift truck in order to lift various loads
- Lifting various loads within the full working range of the lift truck
- Ensuring load integrity and security
- Transporting loads
- Placing and retrieving loads accurately at various places
- Placing and retrieving loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keeping within safe working parameters
- Operating with bulk loads. Explaining the loading and unloading procedure, on and off a transporter.
- Load and unload a container, vehicle, vessel or craft using a reach lift truck
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Undertake post-operational checks on a lift truck.