To Vale Training Services Ltd
Emergency First Aid At Work with Forestry (EFAW + F)
This one day course is for those who work or intend to work in a forestry, agricultural or remote environment, such as tree surgeons and farmers. It is a foundation level of training course. The EFAW + F courses contains at least 8 contact hours. Trainers use continuous assessment to evaluate candidates. There is no final practical assessment.
Course prerequisite: None
Certificating Body: Skillsbase
Course Length: 1 day
Course Times: 9.00am to 5.00pm or to suit client.
Cost: £110 +VAT
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client
Maximum Trainees: 6
The course will cover:
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- The importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures.
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat
- Catastrophic bleeding (direct pressure, tourniquets, haemostatic agents)
- Crush injuries
- Lyme disease
Back to Landbased Courses