To Vale Training Services Ltd
Industrial Masted Counterbalance Forklift - Novice
This course is for those with little or no experience of driving masted counterbalance forklift. A minimum of two or more days (depending on previous experience) course for anyone who uses, or will be using a counterbalance machine in the in their day to day activities. The course length will vary depending on the trainees previous experience.
Course pre requisite: Limited experience to none
Certificating Body: Lantra or NPORS
Course Length: Depending on experience two to five days.
Course Times: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm or to suit client
Cost: 2 day course £295 + VAT per person on open course including certification
Own venue course: charged at day rate
*additional days will be charged accordingly at £150 per day per person
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, or clients own site
Maximum Trainees: 3
This course will allow the trainee to be able to do the following:
- Identify and comply with manufacturer's instructions in accordance with the Operator's handbook and other information sources i.e. load charts, and applicable regulations.
- Identify the basic construction and components, the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set the Telescopic handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
Back to Landbased Courses