Mobile Elevated Work Platform
This is a one or two day course (depending on experience) for anyone who uses or will be using a mobile elevated work platform (scissor or boom-vehicle mounted or self-propelled) in the land based industry. There are two options for certification depending on the sector you wish to work in. This course is designed for those using chainsaws in forestry or arboriculture.
Course prerequisite: None for the two day course - previous training or three years experience for the one day course
Certificating Body: Lantra or NPORS depending on your needs
Course Length: 1-2 day
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.00pm or to suit client.
Cost: Day rate on application
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client
Maximum Trainees: 4
The course will cover the following:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator's handbook, other information sources i.e. duties charts and applicable legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Explain all displayed information on the machine.
- Carry out pre-start and running checks.
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
- Operate controls from ground level, and from within the working platform.
- Manoeuvre/travel the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access, using both forward and reverse motions.
- Travel the MEWP with the platform in a raised position (self propelled only).
- Position the platform up to maximum working height.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of-service position.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Back to Landbased Courses