To Vale Training Services Ltd
Dumper Operator Course
This course is for anyone operating a dumper . The length of the course will depend upon the ability of the trainee. A one day course is available for experienced operators, and longer courses are available for novices. It will teach basic skills of operating a dumper truck and cover such things as; maintenance, safety code and relevant sections of HAS/AWA 74 and construction regulations.
Course prerequisite: None for novice level entry - three years operation or previous training and assessment for the one day courses
Certificating Body: NPORS
Course Length: 1 - 5 days depending om skills level.
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.00pm or to suit client.
Cost: Price on application
Venue: To suit client
Maximum Trainees: 3-4 depending on skills level.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dump truck for site and road travel.
- Travel the over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
To book your place on a course, or for more information, simply contact us.
Back to Landbased Courses