It is important for everyone in the food industry who is managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business. This five day course is the natural progression for those who have a level 3 qualification and is tailored to there needs. This course is also recommended for those wishing to deliver food hygiene training. Assessment is through assignment and written exam.
Course prerequisite: Level three qualification and a good working knowledge of the food industry and its supply chain
Certificating Body: Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (C.I.E.H.) Level 4
Course Length: 5 day
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.00pm or to suit client.
Cost: On application
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client
Maximum Trainees: Up to 10
The course covers the following content;
• An introduction to food safety management.
• Ensuring compliance with legislation and industry guidance.
• Food safety hazards.
• Allocation of responsibilities.
• Managing the operational requirements of a safe food business.
• Cleaning and disinfection regimes.
• Supplier quality and safety controls.
• Pest control.
• Establish food safety management procedures.
• Monitoring the implementation of food safety management procedures.
• Maintaining food safety management procedures.
• Communication, sources of information and training.
Assessment is through assignment and written exam.