To Vale Training Services Ltd
Forklift Truck - Telescopic Handlers - Experienced
A one day course for anyone who uses, or will be using a Telescopic handler in the land-based industries that has/holds a previous certificate or has a minimum of three years operational experience. If delegates do not hold a previous certificate then a minimum of 2 days training may be required for this course.
Pre Course requisites: None for novice course - Minimum three years operating machine for experienced operator course or previous qualification.
Certificating Body: NPORS
Course Length: one to three days depending on experience.
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.30pm or to suit client.
Open Course Cost: £195 + VAT per person (1 day course for those with certificates)
£275 + VAT per person (Those that do not hold a certificate)
Own Venue Cost: Charged at a day rate
*Additional Days will be charged accordingly
Venue: Marsh Hill Centre, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client.
Maximum Trainees: 3
Course Content: This course will allow the trainee to be able to do the following:
- Identify and comply with manufacturer's instructions in accordance with the Operator's handbook, other information sources i.e. load charts, and applicable regulations.
- Identify the basic construction and components, the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the Telescopic Handler for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground (not applicable for Industrial Telescopic) and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set the Telescopic handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the Telescopic handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads and place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
To book your place on a course, or for more information, simply contact us.
Back to Landbased Courses