Brush up your skills, or learn them from scratch, with our comprehensive tractor driving course. The tractor is an essential piece of machinery for so many businesses and operating it safely and efficiently is absolutely vital. Whether you're an experienced hand, or just starting out, this course can be tailored to your needs. This is an integrated training and assessment course.
Pre Course requisites: None for novice course, but the course can be shortened for those with experience.
Certificating Body: Lantra, NPTC or NPORS
Course Length: One day for experienced operators, two days plus for those with little to no experience.
Course Times: 9.30am to 4.30pm or to suit client.
Cost: £125 per person per day + Certification. Day rates are available.
Venue: Marsh Hill Farm, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit the client.
Max number delegates on a course: 4
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Perform a risk assessment
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader.
Back to Landbased Courses