Responsible and Effective Control of Commensal Rodents
Gain an industry-recognised certificate in rodent control with our one-day course which allows you to purchase rodent control products. Commensal rodents are those that live in close proximity to humans In essence, the term refers to rats and mice. Our course is designed for anyone new to, or wishing to develop their skills further in, rodent control. You'll learn about both the rodents and the biocides used in their control.
Pre Course Requirements:- None
Course Certification:- Lantra
Course Length:- One day
Course Times:- 9.30AM to 4.30PM
Instructor:- Richard Strand or Brian Grundy
Cost:- £180 per person + VAT. In house courses can be organised to suit the client. Price on application
Venue:- Marsh Hill Farm, Marsh, Aylesbury. HP17 8ST or to suit client.
Maximum number of delegates:- 10
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of the damage caused
- Identify the degree and source of the infestation
- Describe the life style and habits of the species
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of selected vermin
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective programme for species control
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of species control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits, and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly.
To book your place on a course, or for more information, simply contact us.
Back to Landbased Courses